Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Nanowrimo

So I've been trying to figure out what to use this blog for. I think I've decided, for at least the moment, that I'll be blogging about my Nanowrimo adventure.

For those of you who don't know, Nanowrimo stands for "National Novel Writing Month".

Every November, people from all across the globe with the same goal: Write a 50,000 word novel in one month. Sound insane? Well, it is!

I am not a writer, which is why I have such problems keeping this blog alive and going.

I'm a visual person by nature, so sometimes the words just don't come.

With the support of three of my best friends, we're setting out on the journey together.

You, my fine readers, are witness to my declaration:

Should I make it to the end of Nanowrimo with a 50,000 word novel, I will take the steps to have it properly looked over by an editor of sorts. It will then be shipped off, forever doomed to the slush piles. I've always wanted to say "I wrote a book", just to say I did, and this is my chance.

I have a main character. I have a basic plot. My fingers are not broken, it's go time.

Today's word count - 3517
Sounds of note that helped me write today - Lets Go by Frou Frou

Anyone else out there participating in Nano? Shout out!


P.S. Youmacon went fabulously and Kurokiiro is this weekend, will I have enough stock? God, I hope so!

0 comments:

 

Template Base by YummyLolly.com